1) Intent & Purpose
This policy explains how Barnabus Pty Limited (Barnabus) will deal with information obtained by it which is covered by the Australian Privacy Principles (APP’s).
Barnabus is bound by the APP’s. A full copy of the APP’s can be obtained from the website of the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner at www.oaic.gov.au.
3) Types of Information Collected
Information collected will vary depending on the product or service you request from Barnabus.
3.1) Travel Arrangements
The types of information will vary depending on how the information is collected and may include:
- Name and whether you are an Adult, Child or holder of a concession.
- Contact Phone Number or email address.
- Intended Travel Dates.
- Place of Departure and Intended Destination.
- Any special needs for your travel arrangements (eg. child seat requirements, luggage space requirements).
- Credit Card details (only applicable for credit card payments).
3.2) Employment Applications
The types of information collected will include:
- Name and address.
- Contact phone number or email address.
- Employment history.
- Education and Qualifications.
3.3) Other Personal Information Collected by our Web Sites
- Website analytics: Barnabus uses statistics gathering software on its website to collect visitor’s information. The software records IP address, device hardware and software information. We use this information to improve our site performance and structure. We also use this information to determine and analyse the use of our website.
- Use of “Cookies”: Cookies are pieces of information that a web site can transfer to an individual’s computer in order to allow that web site to store information about user details. You can control how cookies are used on your computer or device by changing your browser settings. However, doing this might mean that parts of our websites and apps may not work as intended.
4) How we collect Personal Information
Barnabus may collect information when we deal with you by telephone, when you send us communication by letter, email or facsimile, when you visit our website or when you visit our offices directly.
Barnabus will only collect information that we reasonably need to conduct our business. Where possible Barnabus will try to collect information directly from you but in some circumstances. Barnbabus will collect information from third parties such as when bookings are made by a third party on your behalf.
5) Use of Personal Information
Barnabus use personal information collected from you for purposes including the following:
- Process your booking request.
- Allow amendment of your booking.
- Provide confirmations or tax invoices in respect of your booking.
- Confirm your identity when you travel.
- Deal with feedback or complaints from you.
- Answer question you have.
- Correspond with you in relation to promotions and special offers.
- Correspond with you in relation to service related announcements via email or text message.
- Process employment application.
- Retention of employment application details for future vacancies.
- Respond to queries in relation to fleet sales.
6) Disclosure of Personal Information to Third Parties
Barnabus may disclose your personal information to third parties. Barnabus will only do so where disclosure is related to the delivery of the products or services you have requested from Barnabus. Disclosures to third parties may include:
- Contractors performing or providing travel services on behalf of Barnabus.
- Processing of credit card payments and electronic fund transfers.
- Credit history reference checks.
- Email direct marketing for Barnabus product and services.
Barnabus may also Disclose your Personal Information without your Consent in some situations which Include:
- lessening or preventing a serious threat to the life, health or safety of any individual, or to public health or safety.
- taking appropriate action in relation to suspected unlawful activity or serious misconduct.
- locating a person reported as missing.
- the disclosure is required by law.
7) Security of Personal Information
Barnabus are committed to protecting your personal information.
Some of the security measures Barnabus use include:
- Compliance to PCI Data Security Standards in relation to credit card transactions.
- Firewalls that protect against unauthorised access to your data and Barnabus internal servers and network.
- Use of SSL for data encryption where appropriate.
- Virus scanning tools.
- Management of access privileges.
- Secure destruction of data no longer required.
8) Access to and Correction of Personal Information
You may request access to any personal information Barnabus holds in relation to you. Barnabus will allow you access unless the information is covered by an exemption under the APP’s. Where Barnabus does not provide access a written explanation will be provided to you. Barnabus may charge to you the reasonable costs of providing the information to you.
9) Accuracy of Personal Information
Barnabus will endeavour to ensure that your personal information is accurate. Barnabus will take reasonable steps to correct any inaccurate information.
10) Review of Policy
This policy will be reviewed and monitored on a regular basis to ensure it remains current and practical to Barnabus’ requirements.
If you wish to get more information or have questions in relation to this policy including any complaints in relation to suspected breaches of the policy please contact:
The Privacy Officer
Barnabus Pty Limited
10 Hiley Street
SLACKS CREEK QLD 4127