Without the right staff, we are nobody.
We believe our success is due to the dedicated team we have put together. Do you feel called to join? Please read on!
13 March 2018: Casual / part time Coach Captain
We’re expanding! Due to our solid growth, our current drivers are working a bit too hard and we’d love to get some help so that we can all have a few days off every now and then.
Are you someone who gets excited by large vehicles, in particular buses? Do you love meeting new people from around the world and love to play ‘host’? Fancy a corner window office with unbeatable views? Don’t want the same task day in/ day out?
Then we have just the position for you!
We are currently seeking an experienced coach captain to join our team.
Reporting to our all-capable operations manager, you will be given the keys to one of our 5 late-model coach / minibus, a good-looking presentable vehicle that you could be proud of to operate. You will go to pickup our client, take them to where they need to go, make sure everyone is smiling and bring the vehicle back to the depot and in the process, make some new friends, go see some scenery, or even be invited to lunch.
We have been doing this several years and depending on the group, there is a possibility that:
- You will score a free meal
- You will be asked to join the group for lunch/dinner (a sure sign that they really like you)
- Be paid extra tips for doing a fantastic job
- Have 50 people say thank you and give you a smile as they end the day (that’s 50 smiles!)
- Meet a celebrity or two
- Free entry to theme parks
- You may have plenty of ‘idle’ but paid hours on the job to do other things such as reading, studying, working on other things that you like
- Visit some super awesome places like Stradbroke Island, Bunya Mountains, Hinterlands just to name a few
What requirements do I need?
We are seeking for someone who:
- Has their own transport to get themselves to our depot in Slacks Creek
- Has OPEN QLD MR B lisence (B for synchromesh manual)
- Be willing to obtain a Driver Authority as soon as possible
- Medically and physically fit
- Correct citizenship / visa status to work in QLD
- Smiles a lot, has a friendly face, who doesn’t mind dad jokes (the boss is a new dad and likes to practise)
What would help my chances with this job?
- Experience in driving large vehicles, especially coaches
- Already has Driver Authority in General/Scheduled
- Knowledge and experience in vehicle mechanicals
- Training / experience in any or all of these areas: business, graphic design, photography, marketing, website developing
- Past experience in tour guiding
- Good knowledge of Brisbane & surrounds
- Interest in machines, cars, buses etc
Join a vibrant team of relatively young guys who just love being outside, seeing places, meeting new faces, having fun and earning a living – as we encourage each other, learn from each other and grow together. The position will begin with an average of 20+ hours a week, with possibility of even more hours or full time hours. This position will suit part students, semi-retirees, or if you already have other part time engagements.
We are waiting to hear from you, contact Alex now: firstname.lastname@example.org