We are hiring!
Barnabus is more than just a family-owned bus charter business, we are a Christian ministry and we do not hide this fact. We have been blessed over the years with great workers, or as the Bible would call them, “faithful servants” – yet in this fast-paced world our lives change. God has other plans for us, friends come and go, it is just how it is. One of our team members have just moved on so there are some shoes to fill.
If you have feet (you need both feet as we have manual buses) and are keen, please read on. Barnabus is a charter bus service with a range of passenger carrying vehicles, starting from a Land Rover all the way to a full size coach (Medium Rigid). Fear not, all our vehicles have power steering, air conditioning and either automatic or synchromesh manual gearboxes.
With bases in Wishart and Springwood, We currently are seeking a casual driver for 20 hrs a week, may lead to more. We are all family / church going guys taking charter bookings, so unfortunately we are unable to offer a set regular shift, it just isn’t the nature of this industry. Our clients are mostly school / university students, corporates, churches and the average Aussie family, as well as tour groups. We do not service ‘party buses’. We are seeking someone who share the same value as us: honesty, reliability, integrity.
We’re currently seeking a Coach Captain to commandeer one of our beautiful coaches and as such you will have the following responsibilities:
- Legally approved to operate our coaches in QLD, obeying all road rules
- Treat our coaches as your own vehicle – look after it, making sure it’s filled up and healthy, keeping it tidy for all passengers
- Ensure passengers are looked after and feel safe, and that you will get them to their destinations safely and on-time, looking after all aspects of their trip
- Communicate with our operations staff
- To put it simply, you are pilot, co-pilot, navigator, comms officer, air hostess, baggage staff, engineer all in one!
Sounds good? You will need these minimum requirements:
- Minimum QLD OPEN license for MR class, open manual or Synchromesh
- A Driver Authority for General Bus services. If you don’t have this, be willing to apply for one ASAP – and you need to have no Police / traffic history or health issues that may prevent you from successfully applying for one
- If you don’t have the above, fear not, you can obtain both in as little as 2 weeks.
- A working smartphone able to run Google Calendar, maps, Whatsapp and emails, not afraid of technology. No, we do not have UBD refidex on our buses
- No, we do not expect you to wear shorts with long white wool socks up to your knees, we’re not in the 80s
- Be physically fit and presentable, easy-going, friendly, approachable.
- Ability to “think on your feet”, always punctual, not driving our buses under low bridges
They’re our minimum requirements on paper. This role would suit someone studying part time, especially those studying by distance, or someone with existing flexible part time work; as a charter service we often have many gaps / idle time during work.
Bonus points to those who have:
- Prior experience with driving any size coaches / trucks
- Experience with towing trailers
- Extra points for those with marketing / graphic design / business skills, as we have none of those
- Retail experience
- Mechanical knowledge / experience
- Bonus points (not essential) to fluent Japanese / Mandarin speakers
- Enthusiasts of buses / cars
- Servant hearted, teachable, humble
If you’d like to find out more, please contact Alex by email and be sure to include a resume. Yes we do look for character and integrity above all else. Yes, we will judge you by what you drive, but most of all we are all people, building a business that benefits our own team, and we can’t wait to have a new member join us.